MANUFACTURING & PRODUCTION MAINTENANCE MECHANICS- DAYTONA BEACH
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Pay: $11 - $15 / Hour
Apply for this position now. »
MANPOWER, Global Leader in Workforce Solutions for over 70 years is hiring experienced Manufacturing & Production Maintenance Mechanics in Daytona Beach!!
The Production Maintenance Mechanic ensures the efficient operation of production machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair when needed on all types of packaging and batching equipment in a very highly regulated environment.
• Undertakes daily reporting and updates including documentation of maintenance activities performed on equipment
• Provides support on projects on the production floor and to determine recommended spare part list.
• Participates in new equipment installation and start up processes
• Leads major and minor maintenance of automated and non-automated equipment.
• Operates and performs changeovers of automated equipment. .
• Confirms in-house availability of tools, change and spare parts required to keep production running. Coordinates with upstream and downstream processes by working with others on timing of effective changeovers.
• Implement and follow 5S initiative.
• Troubleshoots, performs major and minor repairs
• Preventive maintenance as required to ensure equipment reliability and on-going production
• Works with OEM & consultants to solve equipment related problems
• Highlights potential maintenance issues and takes corrective action including parts requisitioning and maintenance planning
• Fabricates simple machine parts using the required shop equipment such as: lathe, drill press, milling machine and others
• Replaces mechanic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment when needed
• Stays abreast of teams’ production performance (visual) and reports to supervisor
• Applies continuous improvement tools.
• Understands and adheres to Environmental, Occupational, Health and Safety requirements
• Understands and adheres to all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices and Micro Cleaning & Sanitization Guidelines and standards
• Maintains work area to required housekeeping standards. Performs housekeeping activities as per established protocol and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments per requirement
• Shares knowledge and develops maintenance skills.
• Other job functions may be assigned.
Decision Making Impact:
• This position will be accountable to meet equipment uptime goals set by production management team and the schedule to meet the customer needs. The mechanic will have primary accountability for maintaining line efficiency, quality and safety.
Communication & Interaction:
• Primary contacts will be the line workers, line leaders, inventory, maintenance, quality and the production management team.
• The production maintenance mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Mechanics Supervisor.
• High School Diploma
• 1 yr applicable experience
• 3yrs preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have experience with production equipment, pay dependent upon experience.
• Ability to manage projects
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to read schematics
• Machine shop skills (lathe, mill, weld)
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Conduct Root cause analysis
• Medium - Exert up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Thinking, concentrating, learning, ability to interact and teach, active listening, and/or working under stressful conditions, etc.