ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Pay: $75,000 - $85,000 / Year
Apply for this position now. »
Are you an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer living in the Des Moines metro with 5+ years of experience? Do you have a proven background in design, programming and documentation of electrical control systems including new designs and modification to current control systems? A Manpower client has an immediate need for an Electrical Systems Engineer.
What’s in it for you?
• Permanent position.
• Convenience of daytime hours.
• Work/life balance.
• Option for overtime.
• ESOP opportunity.
• Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installations and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Design, implement, maintain and improve electrical instruments, equipment, components, products and systems for commercial, industrial and domestic purposes.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and components.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
• Investigate customer complaints; determine root cause and corrective action.
• Act as project manager to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
• Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs for new/modified equipment.
• Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
• Entry of parts and build of materials (BOM) into computer system.
• Assist in service calls for troubleshooting problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in the field of electrical, electronics, or controls
• 5+ years of experience (Manufacturing environment preferred)
• Solid knowledge of electrical and control engineering principals
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Experience with AC control system design
• Experience with CAD systems and Microsoft Office.